This website is operated by LIH ACCESORIOS TEXTILES SL. The privacy of our users is extremely important to us and therefore we encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
- who we are;
- how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information;
- your rights in relation to your personal information; and
- how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
LIH ACCESORIOS TEXTILES SL (‘we’ or ‘us’) (trading as LA INDUSTRIA HANDMADE) collect, use and are responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
a. Personal information you provide to us
We collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
Your name, email address, postal address, payment method, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Some examples of when we collect this information include:
When registering for an account; When making purchases; When signing up to our newsletters; When entering our competitions.
b. Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
- shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
- shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
- shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
c. Cookies and similar technologies
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer or electronic device when you access our website. Similar technologies include web beacons, action tags, local shared objects (‘flash cookies’) and single-pixel gifs. Such technologies can be used to track users’ actions and activities, and to store information about them. We use these cookies and/or similar technologies on this website.
In addition it should be noted that in some cases our cookies or similar technologies may be owned and controlled by third parties who will also collect personal information about you.
What products you viewed and purchased and what areas or pages you viewed on our websites.
This information helps us to build a profile of our users. Some of this information may be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
For further information on cookies generally visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
How we use your personal information
We collect information about our users for the following purposes:
To identify users and manage their accounts; process user’s orders; conduct research; statistical and behavioural analysis.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information withlaw enforcement agences in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
We will not share you personal information with any other 3rd parties.
We would like to send you information about products, services, offers, competitions and our business which may be of interest to you. Such information could be sent by post, email, telephone, text message or automated call.
We will ask whether you would like us to send you marketing messages on the first occasion that you provide any relevant contact information (i.e. on purchase, signing up to a newsletter, entering a competition etc). If you do opt in to receive such marketing from us you can opt out at any time (see ‘What rights do you have?’ below for further information). If you have any queries about how to opt out, or if you are receiving messages you do not want you can contact us using the details provided below.
Required personal information
The provision of the following information is required from you:
Name; address; email.
This is to enable us to do the following:
Delivery purposes and shipping notifications.
We will inform you at the point of collecting information from you, whether you are required to provide the information to us.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal information for the following periods:
These periods are no longer than necessary in each case.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
We rely on the following as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal information:
(2). legal obligation;
(3). legitimate interests;
(a). The legitimate interests relied upon are as follows:
– Carry out the necessary verifications to detect and prevent potential fraud when you make a purchase. We understand that the processing of these data is positive for all the participating parties when a purchase is paid and in particular for you, since this allows us to establish measures to protect you from fraud attempts by third parties.
– Answering the requests or queries raised by you through the existing different contact channels. We understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial to you to the extent that it enables us to assist you adequately and answer to the queries raised.
When you get in touch with us, in particular, for the management of incidents related to your order or the product/service acquired through the Web, the processing of your data is necessary to perform the purchase contract.
When your request is related to the exercise of your rights on which we inform you below, or to claims on our products or services, we are legally permitted to process your data for compliance with our legal obligation.
– Conduct a profiling with the information that we have about you (such as your browsing, preferences or purchase history) and the personal data that you have provided us, such as the age range or language, since we understand that the data processing of these data is also beneficial to you because it allows you to improve your user experience and access the information in accordance with your preferences.
– Analysing the Web usability and the user’s satisfaction degree, since we understand that that the processing of these data is also beneficial for your because the purpose is to improve the user experience and provide a higher quality service.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure. These measures may include the following examples:
When you register on our website or apps, we ask you to set up a username/login and password that you can use to access your information at our website and apps. If you want to change your username/login or password, sign in to your account by clicking on “My Account” from any page, or click on “Manage Your Account” from within the Help section Desk and follow the instructions.
We maintain appropriate, administrative, technical, organisational and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use, and other unlawful forms of processing.
We use industry recognised security technology for establishing an encrypted channel to pass information between two systems. This link ensures that all data (payment information, personal information) passing between your computer and our websites remain private and secure.
However, when you communicate with customer service via email or chat on our website, the level of protection for such communication channels is not guaranteed (e.g. there is no encryption), and therefore, be aware that information provided (such as email address, payment information, etc.) may be accessible to others. For that reason, we ask that you protect yourself and not share sensitive information via these communication channels.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data to the following countries outside of the European Economic Area:
Personal information we collect or process when you use our website or other channels may be stored or processed by us or other recipients in countries other than the country in which your personal information originally was collected. The laws in those countries may not provide the same level of data protection compared to the country in which you initially provided your personal information. However, please rest assured that we implement all the necessary and appropriate legal, organisational and technical measures to protect your personal information.
These transfers will be undertaken for the purpose of:
external consumer relations service provider;
payment processing providers, who need to process your data in order to allow you to make payments for your online purchases;
transport and shipping companies;
third party advertising and analytics companies who collect browsing information and profiling information and who can provide advertisements which are tailored to your interests;
social media companies, where you make use of social media features that are offered on our websites or apps;
added value service providers who provide their services via our websites or apps;
service providers who host and operate our websites, apps or other channels.
In addition to the foregoing, please note that the third parties mentioned above will in many cases have their own statement regarding the collection and use of your personal data and information. We strongly advise you to carefully review these statements.
We may also share some of your user generated content in our website, apps or other channels with the general public visiting our website, apps or other channels.
We may also be required to disclose your information to public authorities or other governmental agencies only to the extent this is permitted under data protection laws and is required by mandatory provisions in applicable laws.
Some of these countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. Whilst the European Commission has not given a formal decision that such countries provide an adequate level of data protection similar to those which apply in the United Kingdom and EEA, any transfer of your personal information will be subject to a set of European Commission approved binding corporate rules that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach (as permitted in accordance with Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulations).
Any transfers outside the United Kingdom or EEA will be undertaken on the basis that that country, territory or one or more specific sectors in that country, or an international organisation ensures an adequate level of protection.
For more information on the basis of any non-EEA transfers, our safeguards or Commission details, please contact us as described below. We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by:
post: Argentea 4, Local 1